- Iowa Specialty Hospital, with campuses in Clarion and Belmond, has invested tens of millions of dollars in medical staffing, expanded medical programs, and specialized facilities over the years. It was ranked in the Top 15 Best Places to Work in Iowa in 2012 as well as ranked first in the nation in customer satisfaction in 2012. In 2020, Iowa Specialty Hospital - Belmond, was named one of the Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) for patient satisfaction in the country. In 2021, Iowa Specialty Hospital was named one of the Top Iowa Workplaces in 2021. Between the two locations, they are one of Wright County's top employers with more than 700 employees. To see more of their awards and honors, visit Awards | Iowa Specialty Hospital
- Hagie Manufacturing, the pioneer company in agricultural sprayers and is one of Wright County's top employers, with more than 300 people at its plant in Clarion. It was ranked in the Top 15 Best Places to Work in Iowa in 2012. Through their partnership with John Deere, recent innovations have been recognized with the reception of two AE50 awards, earned for outstanding innovations that improve agriculture.
- Cascades Moulded Pulp, an internationally-owned company, employs more than 60 people at its plant in Clarion, where it manufactures egg cartons and four-cup drink holders.
- Prestage Foods of Iowa, a pork processing facility located just six miles south of Eagle Grove, made a $325 million investment in Wright County when they built their state-of-the art plant in 2018. They are Wright County's top employer, processing approximately 10,000 hogs per shift, creating more than 900 full-time jobs.
- National producers Centrum Valley Farms, Daybreak Foods, and Iowa Cage Free make Wright County one of the nation’s leaders in egg production, with approximately 15 million laying hens. Shell eggs and liquid eggs are exported throughout the country on a daily basis.
- Bayer Iowa Production Co., LLC and Syngenta, international companies in the seed business, employs 35 people in the agriculture industry in Wright County.
- Ag Processing Inc., Gold-Eagle Cooperative, North Central Cooperative, New Max Merger Cooperative, Dows Farmers Cooperative, and NEW Cooperative provide outlets for the sale of crops grown by Wright County farmers, as well as a wide range of custom services.
- Wright County farmers are among the nation’s most productive in terms of crop yields. The county is one of the leaders in the state in hog production, too.
Corn, LP, manufactures ethanol at a state-of-the art facility in Goldfield.
Zoetis, an internationally-backed company, manufactures and delivers livestock health materials at its facility in Eagle Grove.
|Employer||Location||Industry||Number of Employees|
|Prestage Foods of Iowa||Eagle Grove||Pork Processing||900|
|Iowa Specialty Hospital||Clarion, Belmond||Healthcare||726|
|Hagie Manufacturing||Clarion||Manufacturing||300 FT, 14 Contract|
|Clarion-Goldfield-Dows School District||Clarion||Education||254|
|Eagle Grove Area School District||Eagle Grove||Education||183|
|Daybreak Foods Inc.||Eagle Grove||Egg Production||155|
|Belmond-Klemme Community School District||Belmond||Education||150|
|Ag Processing (AGP)||Eagle Grove||Soy Processing||130|
|Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS)||Eagle Grove||Drainage Products and Services||95|
|Cascades Moulded Pulp||Clarion||Egg Packaging, 4-Cup Drink
Carriers, Moulded Pulp
|Corn, LP||Goldfield||Corn Processing||38|
|Printing Services Inc. (PSI)||Belmond||Printing, Office Supplies,||35|
|Syngenta Seeds||Belmond||Seed Treatments/Production||28|